Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mini-Master Makeover

I seem to always forget to take "before" pictures...you'll just have to trust me that what was here before was pretty bland and boring! I've never been fond of our master bedroom, which really is more of a "mini-master" as it is actually the smallest bedroom in the house. In hindsight we should not have opted for the king size bed, although I'm certain it will be helpful on nights when three little munchkins somehow find their way into Mommy & Daddy's bed. The room is rather narrow and long, with our dressers and master bath at the opposite end of this picture.

What's that in the lower left corner? That would be my hospital bag, packed and ready to go at a moments notice!

This bedding is from Target and part of the "Dwell" line. The entire set was $40. I like how the green brightens up the space, but I think I'll swap the heavy silk drape panels out for some white sheer panels to let even more light spill in.


I found this frame on clearance and Bed, Bath & Beyond. After using a 20% off coupon it was $8, and I thought the phrase would be a nice reminder to us when stepping out of bed each morning. I'll add a new picture of our growing family once baby Q decides to make an appearance.



The cat hair came free with the bedding.....

Another BB&B clearance find, still need to add candles to the votives.


John was able to replace the light fixture for me with this one from Home Depot. The wires we found in the ceiling of our 1920's home while replacing this light fixture were no less than scary!



I'm sure that John's favorite part of this makeover will be that after three years he finally has a nightstand and lamp on his side of the bed! I hope he likes it!


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that bedding Kim. And $40?!? We need to go shopping togeher! And I like the pillow and lamps you went with in black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you nesting or what? I love that bedding and have been looking to spruce our master bedroom. Think I will take a trip to Target!

    Love ya,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, I gave you a blog award over on my blog. Check it out! Hope you will participate!
    http://yankeebellehome.blogspot.com/2010/03/master-of-friendship-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete