Friday, February 12, 2010

Think SPRING!

I recently became inspired by a friends decorating blog to make a few small changes around our home. I started with our living room mantle, because it's the one surface in our home that the boys have yet to figure out how to reach! I browsed Jessi's blog for some fabulous ideas, she always has a warm, yet simple style that I adore. http://www.yankeebellehome.blogspot.com/


And then went to my old stand-by, http://www.potterybarn.com/ for some additional motivation.




It seems that chunky little birds are all the rage in the decorating world right now, and I was more than excited to hop on this trend.




I found these adorable chubby chirpers at Michaels for $1.67 each!





And some glass apothocary jars for $4 each.




Added some faux eggs, natural material balls which remind me of nests, and some robins egg blue candles to help welcome in the spring....






And of course a photo of one of my two favorite little men.....This particular photo happens to be my absolute favorite photograph ever! It was taken by a good friend and extremely talented photographer, Bernadette Uzcategui. You can see more of her talented work with families, babies and pooches at http://www.buphotography.com/!






Here's the final product! What do you think?




I think with a mantle like this spring MUST be right around the corner...who cares what that silly groundhog has to say!






Next stop the playroom, or as I like to call it, where the toys R us exploded.....

1 comment:

  1. Your mantle looks fabulous! I have seen those littel birds at Michaels and love them. And the jars! What an awesome deal! So happy to have inspired you and can't wait to see the playroom!

    ReplyDelete